FlutterFlow is a no-code app builder for native apps that lets you build pixel-perfect UIs with drag-and-drop. You can also connect your app to live data via Firebase or APIs, and add advanced features like push notifications, payments, and animations. When your app is complete, export the code or deploy it to Android and iOS app stores. Moreover, you can make your own custom widgets or write custom code that works with FlutterFlow.
Josip's Review of FlutterFlow
The ease of use and ability to spin almost anything up quickly are the best thing about FlutterFlow. I have been able to save countless hours and add more clients to my list to help grow my business. The fast building process and powerful Firebase backend integration are also great features of the platform. However, there are a few concepts that are still quite technical and I wish there could be more video tutorials to understand them better. Additionally, the browser sometimes lags when the project has more than 10 screens.
FlutterFlow Rating: 4.7 out of 5
Key Features of FlutterFlow
- Fast & Fluid Performance: Flutterflow offers fast and fluid performance, allowing for a delightful developer experience.
- Cross-Platform Support: Flutterflow supports iOS, Android, and Web, allowing you to build and publish your app across multiple platforms.
- Customers Love It!: Feedback from customers has been terrific - they love the app's performance and functionality.
- Team Collaboration: The software provides various functionality such as team collaboration, pre-build components, downloadable source code, drag-and-drop builder and more.
- Pre-build Components: Key features of FlutterFlow include push notifications, group chats, version control, test mode, content management, conditional visibility, GUI builder, sample applications and project dashboard.
- Customizable Interface: It enables developers to customize the application interface using custom backgrounds, widgets, Lottie animations, layout elements, language translations, light/dark mode and more.
FlutterFlow Pros and Cons
- Ease of use: The ease of use and ability to spin almost anything up quickly. I have been able to save countless hours and add more clients to my list to help grow my business.
- Fast Prototyping: The best thing is the speed of prototyping. We can try and test a new idea in a matter of 1-2 days. Getting a real working app instead of just a mockup.
- New to Coding? No Problem!: FlutterFlow makes it easy to build apps for non-technical users.
- Powerful Platform: The platform is quite powerful. There are many UI components available, so you have a lot of design choices to make your app different from other apps. The ability to export source codes is one of the key differentiators compared to other no/low-code platforms.
- Fast Building & Firebase Integration: The fast building process and powerful Firebase backend integration allows you to add advanced features to your app.
- Custom Widget Import & Drag & Drop Builder: Ability to import code through custom widgets and build apps using the drag & drop builder are the
- There's yet no real two-way sync between the local codebase and the online editor.
- Conceptual Understanding: There are a few concepts that are still quite technical and I wish there could be more video tutorial to understand them better.
- Polished Videos: There are tutorial videos on YouTube but they are not very polished. There are some glitches during compilation and testing, but these are known issues and FlutterFlow informs the workarounds.
- Limited Preset Widgets: Need more ready-made widgets with rich options especially for the main widgets like: Dropdown, switch, radio and app bar
- State & Error management, browser lag when project has above 10 screens, limited preset widgets, an no place to find/buy custom add ons.: Lack of State & Error management, browser lag when project has above 10 screens, limited preset widgets, an no place to find/buy custom add ons.
- Learning Curve: A bit of a learning curve and would be great if there was more documentation/tutorials with actual app examples.
FlutterFlow pricing starts at $30 per month.
- Basic: $30 per Month
Review published on: