Wondering how to promote your business most efficiently without wasting time and energy and avoiding a Staples run?
Here’s your solution. A digital business card is a new way of exchanging contact information. It’s an electronic version of a paper business card and you can exchange it by tapping your phone and via email, text, or QR code.
Why even use a digital business card?
There are tons of advantages to using digital business cards:
- They’re eco-friendly since you don’t need to waste paper and ink to print them out.
- They’re convenient to store and share. You can easily add a digital business card to your email signature or website, making it readily available to anyone who needs it.
- They are easily customized. You can include links to your social media profiles, website, or blog.
- They are more personalized than traditional business cards. You can include a photo or logo to make your card more personal.
The global digital business card market is expected to be worth USD 242.3 million by 2027, growing at a rate of 11.2% each year from 2021 to 2027, according to Market Research Future®.
To help you find the best solution for your needs, I've reviewed the best digital business cards below:
Beaconstac is a leading platform in digital business cards that creates a QR code that you can use in so many ways. You can put them in your email signature, on your resume, or even on a hard document such as a brochure or pamphlet.
This platform is fantastic because their virtual business cards can easily be customized and shared with other people.
The platform also has security features to keep your information safe.
Not to mention, you can also save your cards on Apple and Google Wallet. Moreover, Beaconstac integrates with CRMs and HR tools.
Beaconstac QR platform is a powerful solution for businesses looking for an easy way to create and share digital business cards. The platform is secure and easy to use, and it integrates with many popular CRMs and HR tools. If you're looking for a way to make your business cards more sustainable and efficient, then I’d say Beaconstac is the best option.
Although some of the other platforms I’ve reviewed offer more services and tools, Beaconstac is the leading platform that offers QR codes, allowing you to put your digital business card on a physical product. This is a huge advantage because it’s adaptable to both digital and physical platforms.
Beaconstac Key Features:
- QR Code design and personalization
- Bulk QR Code / Business Card Creation (200+ cards)
- CRM Integrations
- SOC-2 Security Compliance
Beaconstac's pricing ranges from $5 per month to $99 per month.
- $5 per month for 1 digital business cards
- 25,000 scans to $99 for 500 digital business cards and 500,000 scans
- 14-day free trial so you can test it out and see if it’s the perfect fit for you (which I’m optimistic, it will be!)
Best NFC Digital Business Card
Blinq is another great digital business card platform that offers solutions such as QR Codes, Apple Watch integrations, Smartphone widgets, and NFC business cards.
If you are looking for an all-in-one solution, Blinq is the best digital business card for you. It is affordable, easy to use, and has excellent customer service.
Blinq's digital business card apps track who you've given your card to, and when they last viewed it. Moreover, Blinq offers a wide range of customization options. You can change the font, colors, logo, and background of your card. You can also add links to your social media.
Who uses Blinq?
Blinq is used by these industry-leading companies:
Blinq Key Features:
- Blinq digital business cards offer the quickest load time and are the fastest when sharing your card.
- Provides a single unified dashboard where you can manage all your live business cards.
- The cards sync with your digital card, storing all the details on a physical card.
- You can personalize the NFC card design.
Blinq has a free plan that gives you 2 free cards. Their paid plans start at $2.99 per month and includes 5 business cards.
My review of Blinq
- Blinq is the best free digital business card solution.
- It’s easy to use and has powerful features, such as storing on your Apple Watch to generating QR codes.
- It’s super user-friendly.
- CON: the free plan only gives you 2 cards which might not be enough for some people.
Popl is a digital business card focused on helping you connect with other professionals. It has a clean design that makes it easy to use.
Beyond sharing your info, Popl virtual business card app lets you capture leads by scanning business cards, track interactions, and set reminders to follow up. Moreover, Popl integrates with Salesforce, Outlook, HubSpot, Zoho, and many other apps using Zapier integration.
Popl Digital Card Products
Popl also offers a variety of tap-enabled products such as cards, iPhone cases, Apple Watch bands, badges, and lanyards.
- Free for 1 digital business card but offers only a few services
- For essentially all services, $6.49 per month for 3 business cards.
HiHello is a business cards platform that allows users to create and share electronic business cards. You can personalize cards with colors, pronouns, social media profiles, and more.
HiHello also offers contactless digital business cards, which are germ-free and can be shared with anyone, anywhere. Additionally, HiHello offers free and premium subscriptions for teams and companies of all sizes.
HiHello Key Features:
- HiHello offers free and premium digital business card subscriptions for those looking to enhance their individual experience or get their entire team or company on board with virtual business cards.
- Affordable digital business cards
- Virtual business cards are always up to date
- Mobile business cards are convenient
Linq is a virtual business card platform that allows you to share your information with others using completely customizable pages.
For example, you can use Linq to showcase your photography and allow clients to book shoots, list out all of your links and socials, and share your personal and business contact details on the same card.
Not only does Linq have a mobile app, Linq sells physical tap-enabled business cards which you can customize with your own branding, logo, and colors.
- Linq offers a free digital business card app.
- The Linq custom card costs $29.99 per year.
Linq Key Features:
- Create custom pages to showcase your work
- Add social media profiles and links to your website and other online presences
- Include photos and videos in your profile
- Schedule meetings and accept bookings through the platform
- Embed Spotify and SoundCloud tracks to share your music taste
- Redirect people to any website you choose through Linq Leap
Mobilo is a physical business card with NFC and QR code support.
The Mobilo Classic cards are made of PET plastic and can be recycled up to eight times. The chip inside usually lasts for at least a few years. Mobilo also offers Wood and Metal cards, which are made of responsibly sourced Birch or Sapele, and stainless steel, respectively.
Mobilo physical business cards have a chip inside them that send your information to a phone. When you tap the card on a phone that can work with it, a contact field appears with all of your information already filled in. The person with the phone just has to hit "save" and then they will have your information. This is just one of the four ways that you can use a Mobilo card.
Mobilo Key features:
- Made of PET plastic, wood or steel
- Prints on standard paper or business card stock
- Can be printed in color or black and white
- Web-based so no software to install
- Easily customized with your own logo, contact information, and design
- Automatically adds contacts to your CRM or email marketing list
- NFC chip lets you tap to share your contact information with others
Haystack is a digital business card service that helps users to connect in a contact-free way.
Staff can take photos of paper cards without touching them, and digital cards can be shared easily with prospects and clients.
Haystack also serves as a clever marketing tool, driving traffic to users' websites and social media profiles. The service also integrates with CRMs to keep contact databases up-to-date.
Haystack is a zero-paper, sustainable business card solution that helps to regenerate the planet.
Who uses Haystack?
Haystack is the world’s largest contactless business card provider.
Over 300k companies use Haystack digital cards, including:
Haystack key features:
- Haystack is a service for transitioning to contactless digital cards for large enterprises
- They have extensive experience in helping companies with thousands of employees transition
- Haystack integrates with hundreds of business tools and has a built-in analytics dashboard
- They also have CRM and app integrations
FAQ on Digital Business Cards
What's the difference between QR Codes Cards and NFC Business Cards?
Digital business cards come in two main types: QR code cards and NFC business cards.
QR code cards are the most popular type of digital business card. They are easy to create and can be read by any smartphone with a QR code scanner. All you need to do is scan the QR code and your contact information will be added.
NFC business cards are physical cards that have an NFC chip. When you touch your NFC business card to another person's phone, they can see your contact information.
The main difference between QR codes cards and NFC business cards is convenience. NFC business cards are more convenient since you don't need to scan a QR code. However, QR codes cards are more widely available since not all phones have NFC. Moreover, NFC cards are more expensive.
Is a digital business card worth it?
A digital business card is worth it for many reasons:
- It allows you to keep track of your contacts in one place.
- You can also share your contact information with others easily and quickly.
- You can also add video, audio, and other multimedia content to your digital business card.
- Digital business card is more environmentally friendly than traditional business cards.
- Digital business cards are often cheaper because you don't have to print them.
NFC (Near Field Communication) is a short-range wireless technology that allows two devices to exchange data. NFC can share contact information, connect to websites, and make payments.
NFC business cards have an NFC chip embedded in them. When you tap your NFC-enabled device on the card, the information stored on the chip will be transferred to your device.
Apple iPhones and Android smartphones have NFC built-in. If your phone doesn't have NFC, you can still use a digital business card by scanning a QR code.
Last modified on:
I've used these principles to increase my earnings by 63% in two years. So can you.
Dive into my 7 actionable steps to elevate your career.