7 Best Goal Management Software 
Goal Management Software Summary:
Consider ease of use, flexibility, integration, reporting, goal-setting features, and pricing
Lattice: best goal management software with features such as goal trees, progress tracking, and integrations with CRMs. Designed around the Objectives and Key Results (OKR) framework. Costs $8/month per person.
PerformYard: SaaS platform that offers annual reviews, quarterly goals, and continuous feedback. Goal management feature allows employees to track individual goals related to company objectives. Integrates with other HR systems but limited integration features.
Kazoo: employee experience platform that combines performance management, employee engagement, and recognition. Goal-setting software enables setting OKRs and provides tools for achieving those goals.
The best employee goal-setting software will help your team members set and track their goals, as well as measure their progress.
Employee goal setting is a process through which employees identify and commit to specific goals that contribute to organizational success.
This article is a list of best employee goal setting software that you should consider in 2023.
What to consider in a goal-setting software?
When you're looking for the best goal setting software for your organization, there are a few key factors to keep in mind:
- Ease of use: The software should be easy for employees to use, so they can quickly and easily set, track, and measure their progress.
- Flexibility: The software should be flexible enough to accommodate different goals, so employees can set and track any type of goal.
- Integration: The software should integrate with other systems, such as HR or performance management software, so you can easily track and measure employee progress.
- Reporting: The software should provide reporting features that allow you to see how employees are progressing against their goals.
- Goal-setting features: The software should provide features that help employees set and track their goals, such as goal templates, goal setting wizards, and goal tracking tools.
- Pricing: The software should be affordable for your organization.
Best Goal Management Software
Best Goal Management Software
Lattice is the best employee goal-setting software.
Lattice has powerful features, such as goal trees, progress tracking, and integrations with CRMs.
The software is easy to use because it has an intuitive user interface. This means that employees can quickly and easily set, track, and measure their progress.
Lattice is also flexible enough to accommodate different goals, so employees can set and track any type of goal.
Goals and OKRs (or Objectives and Key Results)
They designed Lattice around the OKR framework.
OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) are a framework for setting goals. It means they provide out-of-the-box structure for tracking goals.
OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) were first introduced by management scientist Andy Grove at Intel in the late 1990s. Today, thousands of organizations use OKRs, including Spotify, Amazon, and the United States Navy.
Real-time goals tracking
As an employer or business manager, Lattice lets you track progress in real-time.
This is important because it allows you to identify any areas where employees are struggling and need additional support.
Lattice integrates with Jira, Salesforce, Slack, and Microsoft Teams.
The integration with Salesforce is the most advanced. It allows you to see the progress of your employees' goals and objectives within the context of your company's overall performance.
Lattice's OKRs & Goals plan costs $8/month per person.
Lattice pros and cons
- Intuitive platform that helps employees manage tasks, give and receive feedback, track OKRs, and track growth and learning
- Easy to use with reminders and notifications that help keep employees on track
- Provides visibility into other peers and colleagues
- Helps managers have better conversations with reports
- Easy to keep track of all feedback in one place
- Great features for keeping a pulse on team sentiment
- Navigation of some pages is complicated
- Difficult to customize goals
- Some features are dependent on user's company culture
- Lack of integration with other tools that could help with tracking tasks and goals
PerformYard is a SaaS platform for annual reviews, quarterly goals, and continuous feedback. The software offers flexible features for HR and creates a simple employee experience.
The goal management feature lets every member of your team define and track their individual goals. These goals are all related to the company's strategy and objectives.
As a manager, you can see the progress of each goal and give feedback to help your team members stay on track.
Performance reviews and check-ins are one of the key features of PerfromYard.
You can customize reviews to meet your needs. This includes the questions you ask and the timelines you follow. You can also choose from a variety of question types to get the answers you need. This will help you stay up-to-date on your goal performance.
PerfromYard integrates with ADP, BambooHR, Paycom, and many other HR systems.
This allows you to sync data between systems and get a complete picture of employee performance.
However, the integrations are not as robust as the ones offered by Lattice. PerfromYard integration features are limited to changing and adding employees.
PerfromYard pros and cons
- Powerful review template customizations
- Straightforward employee experience
- Ability to set personal goals
- Weekly goal reminders feature
- Missing small features, such as more interaction around feedback
- User interface could be more intuitive
- Limited integrations compared to other goal-setting software platforms
- Email notifications could be more enticing
Best Overall Employee Experience Platform
Kazoo is an employee experience platform that combines the best aspects of performance management, employee engagement, and recognition into a single solution.
Kazoo's goal-setting software enables you to set OKRs for your employees and provides them with the tools they need to achieve those goals.
Kazoo's goal-setting feature helps you achieve your business goals by aligning your company, department, and team goals with your employees' individual goals.
The software also allows you to add one or more measurable results, including percentage complete, yes/no, or a specific target and a due date. You can customize the software to match your business, whether it's SMART, OKRs, FAST, or other goal methodologies.
Kazoo integrates with BambooHR, Workday and ADP to help you manage your employee data.
Kazoo also offers an API that lets you create custom integrations with the software.
Kazoo pros and cons
- Customizable goal-setting feature
- Excellent user experience (UX)
- Flexible employee data management
- Customizable with branding, prizes, points
- Encourages team members to use it
- Newsfeed shows other people's rewards
- Good options to redeem points for rewards
- Easy to engage with employees and show appreciation
- API integrations
- Lacks robust dashboard with company-wide goal overview
- No advanced reporting features
- Limited reporting
- Limited off-the-shelf integrations
Profit.co is a OKR software that provides an easy-to-use software application for companies to define, manage, and execute their goals.
Goal management tools
Companies and teams can define their goals as OKRs and manage their collaborative execution through the full life cycle of OKRs.
Similar to other goal management software on this page, Profit.co lets you break down your goals for the quarter into smaller goals that you can achieve every day.
You can manage these tasks using the task management application.
There are many other enterprise-grade features that Profit.co offers, such as an employee development module and an employee engagement module.
Profit.co also provides coaching on the OKR process to help companies get the most out of the software.The training is step-by-step and covers everything from basic concepts to more detailed areas like Outcomes Vs. Outputs.
Profit.co has an impressive list of integrations, broken down by use case:
- Collaboration - Slack, Teams, Gmail, Outlook, Google Calendar, and more.
- Data Source - Jira, Excel, Google Sheets, Salesforce, MySQL, and more.
- Authentication - Okta, Azure, G Suite, and more.
- HRI - BambooHR
Profit.co has three pricing categories:
- Launch - Free up to 5 users
- Growth - $7/month per user
- Enterprise - Custom pricing
Profit.co pros and cons
- Simplicity of usage
- Excellent customer service during implementation and training
- The OKR calendar makes adoption easy
- The system could be more intuitive for nontechnical people
- Some features are still in development and not yet available to users
Best for tracking employee performance
Trakstar is a performance review and goal-setting software that helps you manage employee performance throughout the year.
It gives you automated workflows and reports to engage employees.
They designed Trakstar for large companies, so you can easily manage performance reviews for hundreds or thousands of employees.
Trakstar lets you manage goals as part of their Performance Management feature.
The goals feature lets you group goals into hierarchies, set deadlines, and track progress.
You can also link goals to specific objectives, and review and revise goals regularly.
Compared to other goal-setting software, Trakstar's goal management is more oriented towards employee tracking and less towards helping people to set and achieve goals.
Trakstar integrates with popular software:
- Human Resource Information Systems - Namely, BambooHR, Workforce, Paylocity, and more.
- Authentication - Okta, Azure, Google, onelogin, and more.
- Collaboration: Slack, Zoom, Google, Office
Trakstar doesn't publicly disclose pricing on their website.
To get pricing information, you'll need to contact them directly.
Trakstar Pros and cons
- Automated performance reviews and goal setting reports
- Can manage performance for hundreds or thousands of employees
- Customer service is excellent, with responsive and helpful staff
- The scorecard discussion feature helps to provide insights and feedback on areas of improvement
- The platform can be slow at times
- At first the platform can be intimidating
- Limited flexibility on goal format.
Databox is a cloud-based goal management software that helps employees set and track their goals.
The software is easy to use, with a goal-setting wizard that guides employees through setting and tracking their goals.
Some of the best features of Databox include its easy-to-use interface, its ability to track performance in real-time, and its stunning visualizations.
With Databox, you can set goals for any of the metrics that you are already tracking. This will help you to monitor your progress. You can track and manage your goals all from one screen, monitor goal progress, and view goal completion rates.
Databox also integrates with other systems, such as HR or performance management software, so you can easily track and measure employee progress.
Databox pros and cons
- Easy to use interface
- Tracks performance in real-time
- Stunning visualizations
- Integration with multiple tools
- Data sharing capabilities
ClickUp is a flexible, all-in-one employee goal setting software that helps employees set and track their goals.
Goal Folders in ClickUp is a feature that lets you track progress in real-time and connect tasks to specific goals. You can also create folders for each of your objectives and keep everything organized.
There are many different Targets that you can use to track your progress. You can use numerical Targets, monetary Targets, true/false Targets, and task Targets. You can also create sprint Targets by adding tasks from different teams into a Goal, create weekly sales Targets, and more.
The Clickup Goal feature allows users to set specific targets and even connect those to a task. This makes it easier to see how individual goals can be accomplished. The feature lets you set numerical targets, task completions, true/false or a currency target.
ClickUp Scorecards feature
According to the ClickUp blog article, the team at Clickup uses weekly scorecards to help keep track of their goals. This involves responding to a certain number of help requests, editing several website landing pages, or starting a new billing or analytics system.
Last modified on:
Josip Miskovic is a software developer at Americaneagle.com. Josip has 10+ years in experience in developing web applications, mobile apps, and games.Read more posts →
I've used these principles to increase my earnings by 63% in two years. So can you.
Dive into my 7 actionable steps to elevate your career.